Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dove Chocolate is Depressing


My mom and I went to the store and bought some chocolate. She pulled out some coupons and had one for Dove Chocolate. Sure whatever, chocolate is chocolate regardless of whichever one you get.
So
Most people eat chocolate because its a comfort food. So Dove had a fantastic idea to add an inspirational quote inside each wrapper that encases every chocolate. Not a bad idea right? Except it kind of is.

Now its a very well known fact that women LOVE CHOCOLATE. And hey i love it too. So its no mystery why most of these "Inspirational Quotes" say what they say. It really let me see how much loving women aren't getting.

My mom and I worked our way through a handful of squares. About 10-15 or so. I gotta tell ya, the number one hit we got on these wrappers was "You are exactly where you are supposed to be"

The list includes the following as well:

You worked hard promise yourself a reward
You are allowed to do nothing
Be free. Be happy. Be you.
You have a great laugh!
Chocolate loves unconditionally
Enjoy the childhood joys of winter
Catch snowflakes on your tongue
Be playful with your love
Don't be afraid to love fully

These wrappers were a new insight into women. What I pretty much got from these wrappers were that women need a bit of lovin', but its kinda unfair that a chocolate wrapper has to give it to them. I guess what I take away from these is that women (just like anybody) appreciate a random compliment or positive comment. These wrappers didn't serve as much of an inspiration to me, they were mainly just funny as heck.

Signed

Luis C Mendez

No comments:

Post a Comment